Use a custom domain
All WordPress websites created on Gbefunwa have a default URL that ends with gbefunwa.cloud
When setting up your WordPress website you will be able to set the subdomain that will be used for your default URL. An example of a default URL is demo.gbefunwa.cloud
After your website is set up you can assess it using the default URL (yoursitename.gbefunwa.cloud) pending when you switch to using your custom domain (e.g. mydomain.com).
To use a custom domain, you need to have a domain already registered or register a new domain that you want to use.
If you want to register a new domain, you can do that on your Gbefunwa Dashboard.
Once you have the custom domain you want to use for your website, you need to carry out two steps to be able to use this custom domain for your website:
- Add a CNAME record to your custom domain DNS
- Add the custom domain to your website on Gbefunwa
Step 1. Disable Domain Parking
On your Gbefunwa account dashboard
- Go to Domains > Registered Domains
- Click on “Manage” in front of the custom domain name you want to use
- Scroll down to “Tools” section
- Click on “Domain Parking”
- Toggle off the option to “Enable Domain Parking for this Domain”
- Proceed to Step 2
Step 2. Add CNAME Record To Your Custom Domain DNS
On your Gbefunwa Dashboard:
- Click on “Gbefunwa DNS“
- Click on “Manage DNS” in front of the domain you want to use
- Scroll down to “CNAME Records“, click on “Add a CNAME Record“
- Type in the values below to point your custom domain to your temporary yoursitename.gbefunwa.cloud URL
- Click on “Save”
You can also get the CNAME from your website management area on Gbefunwa.
Step 3. Add The Custom Domain To Your Website on Gbefunwa
After adding the CNAME record on your custom domain management area, you need to add the custom domain, to your website on Gbefunwa.
- Go back to your “Gbefunwa Dashboard” area
- Click on “Sites“
- Click on “Manage” in front of the domain name you want to add
- Click on “Change Domain“
- Scroll down to the “Add New Domain” section
- Type in your domain name
- Check the boxes to “Make Primary Domain” and “Add both www and non-www version of domain“
- Click on “Add Domain” to ensure your website can now be accessed using your custom domain
That’s it. Your site is now live at your custom domain! Run into troubles? Chat with us!